Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baking Cookies With Madison...


Madison has really taken an interest in cooking.  She likes to watch me cook.  She'll pull a chair up and climb up to watch.  I get a lot of "my do it mama?"  Maybe it's more like "MY DO IT MAMA!"  This afternoon Jason was home a little early so I decided to let her help me make sugar cookie dough.  While she was playing with Jason and Tyler I pre-measured all the ingredients...  (Oh.. and that big bottle on the left is Mexican Vanilla.  It seems to have a slightly better (in my opinion) flavor than regular vanilla.  It comes in that huge bottle really cheap too!  It's easy to find here in Texas and a lot harder to find in the southeast.)


I called Madison in when I was all set up and she was beyond excited! 


She got the ADORABLE apron from my friend, Cassie, for her second birthday.



I'm really proud of myself for stepping back to catch her in action.  I half expected the flour to end up everywhere, but in the bowl






She loved everything except the waiting....


and waiting ....



for my non-room temperature butter to get fluffy with the sugar.

Once it finally was ready we wrapped the dough up and put it in the fridge to roll out tomorrow.



I was thrilled that she wanted to "help" clean up.  Can you imagine my dismay when she licked the sponge?  The old sponge that was really past it's prime?

To be continued...

post signature