Monday, May 7, 2012

Callan - One Month



We are almost to two months, but I want to mark each month for Callan!  At one month old he was still wearing newborn diapers and newborn clothes fit best.  He still slept a lot!  When the one month mark hit April 18th I couldn't believe it!  I think part of the reason was that fifteen days were spent in the NICU.  I don't like it, but that is his story.  We spent the latter half of Callan's first month just adjusting to having him home.  Poor Callan spent a lot of time locked away in my bedroom.  We could not leave him in his bouncy unattended for a second with Tyler around.  Tyler wanted to sit in his lap in the bouncy or try and pick him up.... by the leg! 


Tyler means well.  He LOVES Callan as long as he is not needing my full attention.  Tyler is always trying to hold Callan's hand.


He loves to share his goldfish and rasins with Callan.  (I have to stay on top of Tyler!) He will also sit his lovey or favorite toys on Callan.  It's just so sweet.


Callan like his siblings mastered the art of projectile vomiting.  He got to start his previcid around two weeks old. 

I take pictures of Callan on my phone all the time.  (This is his "up to seven pounds" outfit.)



Madison got to give him a bottle!!  She was in heaven.


I just snuggle him every chance I get!

Callan had lots of visitors. Pop...


... and Nana.


and Otie and Doonie!


I gave him his first bath.  He didn't seem to mind too much except for when I got him out.  He was cold.


Callan was 20 1/2 inches and 8 lbs 10 ounces at his one month check up.  I was thrilled!  He had a two pound weight gain since he came home.



This was the prayer quilt we received from our church while Callan was in the NICU. 


Here is a comparison of all three!





post signature