Thursday, January 3, 2013

Callan - 9 Months

On the 18th of December (two days after I turned 35!) Callan turned 9 months old!  I have a lot of the same to report.  He is still very very happy and content.


Here is Tyler at 9 months.  I still think they look a lot alike. Callan has his two bottom teeth.  Tyler had two top teeth by this time in addition to the bottom.  Callan's top teeth will be in any day now.  I can feel them!  They don't seem to bother him too much.


Here's a great indication of those top teeth.. lots of snot!  Thankfully none of my babies have been droolers!


This should have been included in the 8 month post.  I forgot to upload my cell pictures and post them.  It's just so darn cute I can't leave it off the blog.  Callan and I dropped the older two at preschool and went and voted. 



Two days after Callan turned 8 months old he graduated from his helmet!  YAY!  I took him for a check up and I wasn't expecting it.  It was such a nice surprise!  He only wore it 8 weeks.  They had projected a third month.  However, I kept that helmet on 24/7 except for a photo here or there and his baths.  I think being so vigilant about keeping it on his head paid off.  That and I think he outgrew it.  :)  He did a lot of growing in those 8 weeks. 

 
We normally bathe Madison and Callan together and Tyler separately.  It just seems to work better that way.  However, every once in a while we do all three together.  Love them!
 
 
Callan weighed 19lbs and 3 oz at his 9 month check up.  He was 28 inches long.  His doctor moved him up into the 50th % for both weight and height.  We did not survive the nursing strike.  I was devastated.  I solely pumped from 8-9 months.  I stopped pumping right before this appointment.  He is my first baby to have formula.  I'm not against formula.  It just wasn't my plan.  So that was a large pill to swallow.  Callan took right to it and really did not care what he was drinking as long as it was from a bottle.  :)
 
 
For Thanksgiving it was just our family of five.  I made sure Callan had the appropriate baby food.
 
 
He gobbled it right up.  He has stopped all baby food though.  Once he got a taste of the real stuff he refused the mush.  He is my first child to eat ANYTHING I put in front of him.  Avocados, Tahini, broccoli, cauliflower, blueberries, whole wheat bread, real turkey, chicken, peas, string beans... I could go on and on.  He is a joy to feed! 
 
 
 
 
We gave up the exersaucer this month too.  He would much rather play on the floor than be in those contraptions.  It was taking up space so it had to go.  The jumperoo is on the way out too.  I mainly used it for a snack spot anyway.  (Abbey enjoyed this too).
 
 
 
 
 
Callan met Santa.  Santa was so sweet.  He said "quick snap the picture before this baby realizes who has him."  I thought to myself .. you don't know this baby, Santa!!
 
 
Callan loves everyone...
 
 
 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. He is so adorable :) so glad he did so well with the helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last photo! What a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Callan is getting so so big!!! What a precious boy!!!

    ReplyDelete