Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ballet - Photoshop Before and After




Quick Note:  I plan to intermingle current day life in with the past two years I've missed blogging about. 

This is my favorite photo from 2013 of Madison.  If you have spent any time looking at my blog or if you dare to look back at the beginning you will see quite a difference in my photography skills... at least I hope so.  Photography is not something learned overnight.  I have been practicing, reading, studying, and practicing since Madison was a baby. 

First and foremost you have to master the technical part with your camera.  It's all about balance and light.  Good light makes all the difference in the world.  My favorite time to shoot is that hour before sunset. 

The next part is photoshop.  I think you can take a good photo and make it amazing with photoshop.  However, you cannot take a poorly taken photo and make it anything in photoshop.  You cannot fix blur or bad exposure.  You can help a little of that, but to have an amazing photo all of that HAS to be right to begin with.  So I thought I would share my SOOC (straight out of camera) image with you!  There was absolutely no editing done to this photo other than to change it over from RAW and resize it for the web.  (If you would ever like to see any of my other photos SOOC just comment and let me know!  I'm happy to share if I still have the original.  I always edit my photos for the most part.

SOOC
I still think it's beautiful, but the edited photo gives it something special.
For photography people here is the details...
(Nikon D700 - 85mm lens f/2.5, 1/1600sec, ISO 320)


Here is an example of where photoshop can take a very so so image and make it good.  I hate shooting inside ... hate it.  However, of course some special moments still happen inside!

SOOC image
(85mm, F/2.8, ISO 800, 1/160 sec)
The shutter speed is too low for my taste, but I didn't have time to get set up.  I should have raised my ISO and raised my SS to at least 250.


Edited Image - I love their little legs and tap shoes.. I have this one framed in Madison's room. When I have bad lighting and I cannot get the skin color right, but like the photo.. I will turn it black and white.


 More photos from her actual recital and practice.  Let me know if you have any questions!







post signature